- Applying for a PhD Workshop
Date(s) - 10/11/2016
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Applying for a PhD Workshop
You are warmly invited to a workshop by the Professionalization Committee on Thursday November 10th, from 2 – 3:30pm in CNH 317.
The workshop’s theme is applying for a PhD, and will feature special guest panelists: ECS Graduate Chair, Susie O’Brien; Banting Postdoctoral Fellow, Andrew McKendry; and current PhD candidate, Nandini Thiyagarajan. All MA and PhD students are welcome.
We will be discussing:
- Benefits and challenges of PhD-level study
- What to look for when researching potential PhD programs & supervisors
- Who should you contact and at what times
- How are PhD applications assessed, and what components make for a strong application
- Funding considerations
- What can you do with a PhD
We hope to see you there!
The Graduate Professionalization Committee
Sarah Brophy, Margaret Boyce, & Stephanie Edwards
English & Cultural Studies
Chester New Hall 203